How to Install Printer Driver in PC? The process of transmitting papers, graphics, or pictures to a printer is known as printing. A printer driver is a software that allows your computer to interface with your printer and provide the information required to print. An executable file that you may obtain from the Internet is the most prevalent sort of printer driver.
This tutorial will demonstrate how to install a printer driver on your computer. Before beginning this step, ensure your printer is linked to your computer through a USB cable or wifi connection. If your computer has Bluetooth installed, you can also utilize it.
Step by Step Guide on How to Install Printer Driver on PC?
You might have seen a printer driver on your PC already installed for the printer you are about to buy. It is for a particular printer model, and you can use it to connect to the printer without any trouble. However, when there is no driver on your PC, you should follow these steps to install the driver on your computer.
How To Install Printer Driver In Windows 7 And Vista
- Step 1: Unpack the box of the printer you have purchased and make sure that it has all the tools and accessories.
- Step 2: Remove the tape from all over the printer and remove all its labels. You have to be careful not to damage any of its parts while removing the stickers or tapes.
- Step 3: Connect one end of a USB cable to the port on your computer; connect another end of the cable to one of the ports on your printer.
- Step 4: Plug your power cord into an electrical outlet; turn ON your printer by pressing a button or switch located somewhere on its body or control panel.
- Step 5: Turn ON your computer and wait for Windows 7 operating system to load completely before proceeding with the next step. Make sure your PC does not go into sleep mode after a certain amount of time because then you will have to restart it manually for the next step. Step
Other Drivers: HP LaserJet Pro M402n Driver
How To Install Printer Driver In Windows 10
Then you will be prompt to download and install the driver from the Internet in your system. Usually, it’s much easier to find the printer driver online than on your CD.
- If you have a dial-up connection, you cannot download the driver from the Internet, so use the CD that comes with your printer for installation.
- If you cannot locate a CD with your printer in your box, you can download any printer driver by visiting the manufacturer’s website (HP, Lexmark, Dell etc.).
- After downloading, double-click on the downloaded file and follow the procedure to finish the installation.
- You may be prompted to restart your computer after finishing the installation.
- After restarting the computer, you can use your newly installed printer for printing purposes.
- If you still face difficulty installing a printer driver in Windows 10, contact Microsoft’s technical support team. They will help you to resolve any issue with their best knowledge and experience.
How To Install Printer Driver In Windows 8
- Windows 8 makes it very easy to install printer drivers. You can download the drivers from the printer manufacturer’s website and then follow the onscreen instructions to install them on your computer. Here is how you can do it:
- Step 1: Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Step 2: Right-click on the printer you want to install and select “Printer properties.” It will open a new window showing details like its name, location, type of printer, and so on.
- Step 3: Click on the “Printing Preferences” tab at the top of the window. It will show more options about printing quality, paper size, page range and many other things.
- Step 4: Select the “Print Test Page” option from the drop-down menu to see if your printer is working fine or not. If it doesn’t print anything, go back to previous steps and make sure everything is configured correctly.
- Step 5: Assuming that the test page prints correctly, click the “OK” button at the bottom right corner of the window to save settings for this printer and exit. That’s all! Your printer is now ready for use on Windows 8 computers!
How to install the printer driver on Macintosh OS
Installing printer drivers on Mac OS is a not-so-difficult process. That said, it always helps to know what you’re doing before you start. Here are the steps to install the printer driver on Macintosh OS:
- Download the driver for your printer from the manufacturer’s website.
- Open the disk image file that contains your downloaded printer driver and drag the application icon to your Applications folder (or wherever else you like).
- Double-click the application icon and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation.
In most cases, this should be all you’ll have to do to install the printer driver on Macintosh OS X 10.6 or later. However, if additional installation options are available, such as a custom configuration screen or a self-guided printer setup wizard, you may see them during installation.
Once you’ve installed the printer driver on Macintosh OS, you can print directly from applications like Pages, Numbers or Keynote by selecting your new printer from their respective Print dialogue boxes (choose File> Print or press Command + P). If you want to print from the Mac OS X Print dialogue box, click File> Print and then click Select Printer and choose your new printer from the list of available printers that appears. If
How to install the printer driver on Linux
This tutorial will help you to install the printer driver on LINUX OS.
- Step 1: Go to the official website of your printer manufacturer and download the latest printer driver for your operating system (if it’s supported by Linux, of course).
- Step 2: Once downloaded, run the installation file and follow instructions. Most likely, you will have to restart your computer after installation.
- Step 3: Enter the following command in the terminal to check if your printer is ready for use: lpstat -v -d | grep “^ID:” | grep <printer-name> If no error occurs, then congratulations! Your printer is ready for use!